Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blessed are those who mourn

- a picture of oak regeneration after a forest burn.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Matt 5:3-11

Once again I feel I am asked to be faithful to His Word. When I started contemplating using IVF, I did wonder what it really means to my God. Was I trying to play Him in manipulating in His natural creations? Was I impatient in waiting for His blessing that would come in time in one form or another? In days like these, I could only doubt myself, my faith and my future. 3 days before I am supposed to take my blood test for pregnancy. I found out I am not pregnant by way of menstruation. It's hard and it's truly a stake through the heart. And I mourn and I remember His promise. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

No comments: