Saturday, March 21, 2009

Things I go through

Two days before my embie (short for embryo in the IVF world) transfer last Monday, I started on the Crinone gel. It's a tube that releases progestrone hormone slowly into the uterus, so it was a vaginal applicator that IVF women uses an hour before bed. Progestrone helps to prepare the uterus lining for the embie implantation.

The symptoms are the worst of the entire journey. I didnt get any cramping which is the common symptom but I had an array of other types. Hot flushes, feeling hot and cold in a span of minutes, wanting to pee at night, constipation, bloatedness big time - I feel fat and I want to run off the weight but I feel tired all the time. Feeling sleepy at odd times e.g. falling asleep on the train while reading my papers or surfing on my phone, quite embarrasing. Feeling hungry all the time, I had to have rice the other day for breakfast. And my breasts feel like they are going to burst any second, so tenderly painful makes sleeping face down almost impossible.

Another 6 more sleeps before my pregnancy test on Friday. Now everything is in His Almighty Hands. May you receive my night prayers.

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:22

No comments: