Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The greatest risk in life is to risk nothing

Two months ago, I posted my outing experience in Warburton. It's my favourite little town in Victoria and Warburton was also threatened recently by the bushfires. Today I am so pleasantly surprised when I received a newsletter from the Finnish lady who own one of the shops in Warburton, her husband is now the mayor of the town.

In the newsletter she talks about her experience during the bushfires and how nature has helped her to regain hope. That's exactly how I feel whenever I feel beaten by life, it's the nature that refuels and helps me believe again. The same nature that rejuvenates and destroys with the same hand. But there is no other way to embrace life.


“To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To hope is to risk disappointment.
But risks must be taken because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, sees nothing, has nothing and is nothing.
He cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love and live.”
Author Unknown

No comments: