Thursday, March 12, 2009

You gotta love Karl Lagerfeld


One of the longest personality in the fashion industry. He designs for Chanel but is a household name himself. I really started getting interested in Karl when I stumbled upon a book that he co-wrote and it's not even on fashion. Fancy that!

It's The Karl Lagerfeld DIET by Karl and his doctor Jean-Claude Houdret. He was motivated to lose lots of weight so he could wear his favourite clothes. At the end of his diet he lost 42 kilos. Amazing!!!!

I started following parts of his diet of lots of fish, protein shakes and I lost 1 kilo. With so much going on with IVF and work, I have been slacking on following the diet properly. But it's a working diet, it will take lots of discipline cooking for myself and something else for the family but it's well worth it knowing I could look better in clothes and watching my tummy flatening out. Fantastic feeling.

But Karl is a legend and slowly I found him interesting in so many ways. He is super creative, see his latest Chanel Spring 2009 white collection. It is to die for. He has a real interesting way looking at life. Always very witty.

Here is one of his quotes:
"The worst thing is when friends say, 'Remember the good old days?' Forget about the good old days!! That just makes your present secondhand. What is interesting is now. If you think it was better before, then you might as well commit suicide immediately."

Making the present secondhand? Classic!!!

On a side note, it is the Egg Collection day today. I was in at Day Surgery Unit (also known as DOSA at Monash IVF) at 9.30am, waited till about 11.20am and after talking to the patient coordinator, nurse, anathetist, gynaecologist (Dr Melissa Wong) and Embryologist before I was put out for the procedure. I was slightly dissapointed when Dr Wong told me she managed to drain 5 eggs from my ovaries, but I guess if all of them do fertilised I can have 5 children - too many to handle but dont mind entertaining the idea. I do like a noisy big home with teenagers and children of different ages colouring our lives. I am feeling really sore, Dr Wong pierced through the vagina walls to get to the ovaries. Tomorrow is another big day, everyday seemed to be a big day these days. I will know how many eggs got fertilised so I pray that there will be some for the embryo transfer. Also made our decision while I was feeling light headed in recovery mode from the anasthetic to build our new home with Premier Builders Group. Will talk more in future postings.

No comments: