Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bushwalking on Macedon Ranges

This is our second visit to the Macedon Ranges, the Macedon Regional Park has lots of walking trails and other activities for the adrenalin seeking people like rock climbing, mountain biking, four wheel driving, rafting and abseiling.

We only covered two walking trails and by the end of the 2 hour walking, I wish I could part with my legs, they were killing me. We walked the Camel's Hump trail and then from Camel's Hump, we walked to Sanatorium Lake. The trail was for moderate walkers - with really good inclines and declines enough to give you and your pooch a good workout.

I took 4 separate photos of the lookout point at Camel's Hump and had them stitched using Autodesk Stitcher, the result was not so bad.



Lookout point from Camel's Hump




I love trees with lichens and moss grown on them



 Gum Trees just have the most beautiful bark

Someone scratched their name on a rock, howya do dat?


Our very own Simba


Gum tree again




The route climbing up


Some exploring shots, it was bright day light but I managed to make it look like a night shot - aperture at f22


Wild flowers abound


Another shot at f22, this is a killer weed but the flowers were mesmerizing




Car Park


Just love moss covered things


This tree is still alive


Tree Canopy




No comments: