Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The present moment

Reverend Thich Nhat Hanh said:
Our true home is in the present moment. To live in the present moment is a miracle. The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green Earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now. Peace is all around us - in the world and in nature - and within us - in our bodies and our spirits. Once we learn this peace, we will be healed and transformed.

Although all I could think of our time at home with our families and old friends who know us from eons, I'm learning to enjoy the present moment. To focus on what I'm feeling and thinking- the anticipation, making a list of what to pack, people I will meet, stories that I want to tell them, finding presents for my family & thus thinking about their likes and fancies. The leading up to a holiday is just as wonderful.

No comments: