Monday, December 1, 2008

The Real Thing

This morning on the train, my ipod played "You to me are everything" by The Real Thing and it brought back so much good memories. My heart was light and my lips curled into a smile. And everything from the Yarra River, to the buildings, people walking on the streets, cars, everything I lay my eyes on seemed beautiful as it is.

I could still imagine someone dear to me singing that song to me and those words melted my knees and heart. I am pretty sure even though the song is as old as 1976, it would make a love slave out of just about anyone. Although that person is no longer around, mysteriously it is comforting to know it was loved shared and never lost. That love could really move a mountain just as the lyrics suggest. And I count myself blessed.

Watch the video and remember the happy times in the discotheque. (Ferdi in heaven, remember disco-d-q?)

No comments: