Monday, December 8, 2008

Harvest of a summer






We are into our explorer mood again. We went to South Melbourne market on Saturday morning. Definitely one of my favourite places in Melbourne. Everything about it breathes charm, perhaps being there for more than 140 years and going strong has something to do with it. There is just so many different stalls to keep one interested - the produce are so fresh and different from the typical Victoria market or Springvale market, Delis after Delis with all kinds of sausages, cured meat, cheeses, pickles, cakes shops, organic shops, flowers, clothing, candles, personal toiletories, pet, cookwares shops. Most notable is Best Bargain South Melbourne Shop which sells all the shampoo, conditioner and personal care brands under the rainbow at really good prices. It has better range than regular Coles or Safeway, maybe that's why the goods are stocked up all the way to the roof. South Melbourne market is definitely a feast for the eyes, it is somewhere I would like to go back often to get really fresh produce or gifts for family/ friends and still not worried about crowds.

Last weekend was also the first time I went on my bike alone to join the weekend cyclists on Beach Road, I got into my SKIN tights and new adidas 360 climate long sleeve and pedaled away. The feeling was freedom even though my thighs & calfs were burning climbing the slopes but the scenery of the coastline on one side, beautiful homes or interesting shops on the other side makes it all worth it.

Just when I thought it wouldnt get any better, we visited my sister and ended having a pow-wow BBQ. We had squids, fresh mussels, silver bream fish, honey chicken wings and finished it off with walnut & carrot cake to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday.

Now that's what I called a harvest.

No comments: