Monday, December 28, 2009

A Christmas to remember



I love garden bench chairs - wooden ones or iron-wrought benches. The older they are, the more charming they are. They look inviting to anyone to sit down for a quiet respite or to have a intimate conversation either with someone you know or even a stranger.

This christmas is extra special, it reminded me the type of conversation I havent been having with God. Christmas since I converted to Catholism holds a special meaning. It signifies the birth of the king of all kings, the priest of all priests and most of all, a God that has been there and will be there all the time (Immanuel). His birth in a barn with animals and in a manger made out of wood just like this old bench up on Mount Macedon is the real meaning why we celebrate christmas.

We spent a lot of time this holiday listening to praise music and I restored my faith & confidence.

This one is my favourite by Michael Card with scriptures from Galatian 3 & Roman 3:22

When the universe fell from His fingertips
He decided He wanted some fellowship
But the man and woman would not submit
So He made a better way
When the moment was right, He sent His own Son
And He opened the way so that everyone
Could have hope and believe that when time was done
He'd be able to make us one.

To hear with my heart
To see with my soul
To be guided by a hand I cannot hold
To trust in the way I cannot see
That's what faith must be.

I'm grateful for everything - the good and even more the not-so-good.

No comments: