Thursday, February 12, 2009

Remembering Marysville

"It is important, it is very important that the nation grieves," Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said.

The whole nation is coming to grasp the devastation and horrors brought about on last Black Saturday. It is the worst bushfire that Australia has seen. Being part of the Australian community, it does feel like it happened to one of my friends. Like everyone, I grieve.

Every morning I have to prepare myself for sad stories or photos that might come up on my phone as I surf for daily news on the train. Because if I am not prepared, I would be caught sobbing like a fool in front of strangers, reacting to the stories I read on my phone which is exactly what happened to me on Monday.

A national day of mourning and a memorial service will honor the victims of the past week's wildfires in Victoria. I will leave this post with photos of Marysville, the village that gives us so much to explore, fun, joy and remember.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78647&id=647871442&l=53dd7

No comments: