Sunday, February 15, 2009

Have you ever google your own name before?

I was very surprised to find a few things googling my name.

1. Career profile on LinkedIn - there are quite a few Josephine Yaps out there. That's how some old acquitance found me, unfortunately not that thrilled when I received his out-of-the-blue phone call at work (called the general line to look for me).

2. My dear friend Sharm posted an album on Flickr of her friends and name all of us as VIPs. Sharm, always the kind hearted foxy woman I know. Wasnt even aware of the album until I came across it just now. I wasnt aware of this photo's existence until I saw Sharm's album.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/summerinnewyork/3250759826/

3. This I was pleasantly surprised, an entry I made on a website to share books or literature read. Here is my posting made on Malaysia Independence Day in year 2002, and it still holds true.

On www.conures.net/readinglist.shtml (a site for people to provide their recommended reading list.
Saturday, 31-Aug-02 01:37:51 EDT
Name: Josephine Yap
Email: j0yap@yap.com

Book #1: The Prophet
Author: Kahlil Gibran

Book #2: The Alchemist
Author: Paulo Coelho

Book #3: God of Surprises
Author: Gerard W.Hughes

Comments: Kahlil Gibran and Paulo Coelho are my two most favourite authors. Exuding from their writing is the love that they have for GOD and humanity. The world we live in today demands a tough image and steers us towards false consolations. When the truth is from within, all 3 authors of these books recognise the frailty and our true worth, reading them filled me with so much tenderness that I know something has changed in me forever, a conversion has taken place. Enjoy! Thanks for allowing me to share this with all of you.

4. My twitter profile - I have been updating what I am doing daily on twitter, my new toy, guess it's pretty public profile.

5. My work question on MarketingProf.com where other professionals assist similar people in the field in answering questions that they themselves have learnt through their own work. One more alternative way of understanding your candidate?
http://www.marketingprofs.com/ea/qst_question.asp?qstID=690

No comments: