Thursday, November 27, 2008

a little of singapore came to visit

Yesterday a friend was in town for a visit. He had just recently moved to OZ from singapore. Its been a while since I saw him. The last time I saw him was when we were both single. That must be at least 4 years ago.

He brought the warm and humid weather with him when we were forecasted for stormy weather. But more than that he brought back old memories of carefree early days of my singapore life. For a very short while, we were sort of seeing each other. But it was never made public to our friends because he didnt want to. And I got pretty upset with that and didnt wait for him to explain but left in person and so left the issue too.

I wanted to know why....it's one of those things you had to know. If he was just flirting or if he was interested at all. Even now that we are both married, it's something I want to know. and I guess I hope I wasnt taking for granted and there was a genuine fondness that went both ways. Perhaps it's better to leave it as a mystery. Maybe one day I will have the opportunity and the guts to ask him. For now, I'm more comfortable having dinner with him with other friends around.

No comments: